Monday, July 29, 2013

Misio-neras!

So this week was LOCO!!   Our Mamita went on vacation and left us with money to get us through the week. We thought it would be awesome to get to choose what we eat and be on our own for a bit!  For P-day last week we went as a zone to the "Parque de Leyendas" in Central Lima, which is like a zoo-slash-theme park. It was awesome, but cost quite a bit. It´s the end of the month too, entonces, we were pretty much broke/hungry for the rest of the week!  But it was way fun. We ate at our bishop´s house a bunch and his wife taught me how to make "La Causa", which is a really typical Peruvian dish.  The bishop of our ward is the BEST!

Things got a bit crazier on Wednesday when Hermana Aguayo got super sick and we couldn´t leave our room very much to go out and work.  We had a lot of time to clean, organize, etc., so that was still good. On Friday, when my companion was starting to feel better, I got Pink Eye in ONE EYE! Haha. Que loco!  So we basically had the typical missionary week where we had just about every trial thrown at us but we SURVIVED! :)

Also this weekend we had the 28th of July, which is for Peru what the 4th is for us in the US.  There is a colegio (school) across the street from our "cuarto" and we got to watch from our windows as the kids there performed traditional Peruvian dances outside in the street. It was awesome and I just love the culture here in Peru.!  Lima is awesome because you get to experience the cultures of all the different provences because a lot of people move their families here from the provences for their kids to go to school here in the city. It sounds cheesy, but I seriously felt so much love for this people!  There were tons of fiestas in the streets (as much as there can be in winter here!) yesterday and it was way cool to experience the 28th of July in Perú.

This week we have... cambios (transfers).  I´m both excited because I finished my 12 weeks of training but way sad because I most likely won´t be with Hermana Aguayo anymore.  She is so awesome and I´ve learned so much from her!  I´ve been pretty lucky with companions and we get along super well... but so is the mission.  I hope one day I can go visit her in Chile! :)

Finishing this cambio, I feel like I´ve learned and experienced a lot.  I love the people here in my area and if I have to leave this week it´ll be really hard!  We didn´t have a single baptism this cambio, but I know that things will turn around, there are always dry spells in the mission for sure.  I feel good about the relationships we have with the members and investigators here and I feel like we´ve been able to do a lot of good!  

I´m so happy to get letters and emails from you guys and hear how you´re all doing! Thank you!  Just be patient with me for responses because we only get an hour to write both our Mission President and then our families and friends. Haha. Poco tiempo!  I love and appreciate you all! 

Hasta luego!
Hermana Bledsoe

It´s been a while since I´ve sent my funnies :)


What I would be tweeting:

I´m convinced that absolutely anyone who can ride a bus in Latin America while standing can wakeboard on their first try #extremesports

Caught myself singing along to Taylor Swift on the radio... this wouldn´t be considered a bad thing if I wasn´t a missionary #troubletroubletroubletrouble

#youknowyoureamissionarywhen FB means "Fecha Bautismal" (baptism date)

#youknowyoureamissionarywhen your first thought when you start to work out is that you should start with a prayer.

#youknowyoureamissionarywhen you´re looking forward to going to bed early on a Friday night... #cansada




No comments:

Post a Comment