Monday, May 5, 2014

Letter from 4/28


Suprise! It turns out I´m writing today! :)

...Here is the message I had sent my first week here:

Hey hey heyyy!

So first things first: Yes, we did have transfers.  And yes, I did get sent to the last place I had expected: CHOSICA!  Chosica is the zone past Chaclacayo, the last in the mission before you get into all the provinces and country.  I wasnt expecting it because usually sisters dont go to both Chosica and Chaclacayo.  It was a huge surprise for me but I´m excited to be here. The weather is nice and the people are too.  Like Chaclacayo, it´s a vacation spot for those in Lima because it´s more dry here and there´s always sun.  So I´m happy. My new companion is Hermana Lagos from Tegucigalpa, Honduras and she has 6 months in the mission.  She is really cool and we are always talking and laughing together.  She is a really awesome missionary and I am actually learning a lot from her.  I´m super grateful. It was super hard to leave Chaclacayo after 3 transfers there and leaving "mi hijita" Hermana Avendaño as well but I know she will do great things there.  And we always pass through Chacla to get to Chosica so it´s not like I´ll never go back.  

Right now I´m in the ward El Sol (or "the sun"), and in the area "El Sol 2" because there are two pairs of sister missionaries in our ward.  We live with them in an entire house and it´s way cool.  It´s fun to be all together and stuff.  The other sisters are Hermana Bennett from Utah and Hermana Giusti from Argentina.  The area is wayyy different from Chaclacayo because it´s a lot more...humble.  But I love it because there are more people in the streets to talk to and they actually want to LISTEN!  So that´s pretty cool.  I´m happy to be here because the majority of the areas for sisters in the mission are more wealthy and that tends to be a challenge as far as the work goes in areas like that-- Chaclacayo was kind of half and half.  And yeah, things are going great here, it´s fun because Hermana Lagos and I are working hard and having little successes.  This area has a lot of potential!

Right after transfers we also had interviews with President Ardila... the last ones (that I know of) before he finishes his mission in July.  I had a great interview and he let me look at a sheet I had filled out my first day in the mission where I had written my goals.  It had been 10 months since I had seen it but it was cool to get a perspective of where I´m at and where I still want to be by the time my time ends... it´s going by wayy too fast!  President Ardila is the BEST.  I will miss him a lot.

So yeah, I´m happy to be here. I wouldnt want to be anywhere else right now. Sure, this is NOT easy but I am so grateful and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for this opportunity.  I miss you all and love you SO much!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Bledsoe

(The night of transfers we took a million pics and I happened to have a fever so I apologize for how I look in them!!)

Peace out Hna Patrocinia :(
Ciao Gabriela!

No comments:

Post a Comment