Saturday, July 5, 2014

Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos

Hello hello! ... ("I dont know why you say goodbye I say hello" haha)

So week 2 here in Surco was pretty good... we had a very emotional farewell multizone conference on Wednesday with the four other zones and the Ardila family.  Wow, changing mission presidents is a lot harder than I expected! We felt the Spirit so strongly there as President, his wife, and his youngest daughter Paula shared their last testimonies with us.  I am so incredibly grateful for their service and for the love they have for us missionaries.  They always say they have 200+ children and I dont doubt that they really do see us that way.  I dont think Ill ever forget the moment when we sang "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" to finish the meeting and I looked over at my mission president and saw him weeping.  There wasnt a dry eye in the house.  We will all miss him so much.  I look up to President and Sister Ardila SO much for their obedience to the Lord and their diligence in all things.  Wow, I have been so blessed to have them in my life and have learned countless things from them. They really finished their mission strongly and with honor and I hope that one day I will follow their example.

That was basically the highlight of this week besides yesterday when we had a visit from a Seventy, Elder Calderon in our ward. He gave a great talk and our investigator, Cris, liked listening to him a lot.  I feel so blessed to be here in Peru and be a part of the work here.  We hit the pavement every day looking for people to visit and teach and although at times Im physically or emotionally exhausted, I just try to keep going and remember that Christ is the reason.  He never complained or took a break because there are so many of us who need Him so desperately.  I know that this is His church and His work and I hope to be His instrument to help others come unto Him.

Love you all SO much!
Hermana Bledsoe

No comments:

Post a Comment